Works on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Scientific Linux, Debian, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, OpenBSD. Since 2007.
"You can pay and buy a software but you cant buy such support." -- Said iRedMail users. :)
What iRedMail is
- A ZERO COST, fully fledged, full-featured mail server solution. All used packages are free and open source, provided by the Linux/BSD distribution venders you trust.
- An open source project, released under GPLv2, hosted on BitBucket.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We have only one edition of iRedMail, it's free and open source. All mail services related features are implemented in iRedMail. When we talk about "Pro", we're talking about iRedAdmin-Pro (web admin panel for iRedMail). You can add unlimited accounts with either iRedAdmin-Pro or other tools like SQL/LDAP command line tools or web applications like phpLDAPadmin/phpMyAdmin/phpPgAdmin.
What iRedMail does
- Install and configure mail server related BINARY packages automatically from the official software repositories provided by Linux/BSD distribution venders.
Note: on FreeBSD, packages are installed with ports tree.
- Works on main stream Linux/BSD distributions. No matter you switch to which Linux/BSD distribution listed below, you can get the same mail server in few minutes.
- Full-featured web admin panel - iRedAdmin-Pro. Online demo is available, purchase here. You can setup mail server manually with the same softwares as used in iRedMail, but you cannot find better web-based admin panel than our iRedAdmin-Pro.
- Zero cost, fully fledged and full-featured.
- Fast deployment in LESS THAN 1 MINUTE, easy to use and stable. View YouTube Video to check how easy it is.
- Your mail server setup is reproducible.
- Control over your own data. You have all personal data on your hard disk, it is not on somebody else's storage medium.
- All components are free and open source softwares, and you get the bug fixes and updates of the used packages from the Linux/BSD distribution venders you trust, not iRedMail project.
- Works on both non-virtualized and virtualized boxes, e.g. VMware, Xen, KVM, OpenVZ, VirtualBox, with i386 and x86_64/amd64 support.
Bruce MacKay (bmackay@), 2012-12-13
Bahadir Tecer, Turkiye, Call Center, Around 2000 Users. 2011-12-19
Robin (rrlw.net), 2011-05-13
It (iRedMail) was so easy to install and start using I thought something was wrong. After extensive testing, found it is a reliable, secure, and the best part - a "small footprint" system. I like the iRedAdmin interface so much I didn't hesitate to upgrade to Pro, and highly recommend it when I am asked.
How has my support experience from the iRedMail team been? Exceptional!!!! Kind and most important - friendly and respectful. I had a few questions I sent, thought it would be a day or 2 before an answer back, and it was quick!
My overall experience is so good I am recommending all of my clients to at least use the open source version and upgrade to the Pro, and not even waste their time using any other system.
Luc Verhoeven manages 14 domains, 23 alias domains, 185 users, 160 aliases. 2011-04-14.