If you want to forward email to other email addresses, you can add value in LDAP attribute 'mailForwardingAddress' of user object.
For example, if you want to forward all emails sent to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' to two addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Steps:
- Login to phpLDAPadmin (https://[your_server]/phpldapadmin ) as LDAP root dn (cn=Manager,dc=xx,dc=xx)
- Find the LDAP object of email account which you want to forward emails in left panel of phpLDAPadmin, click the ldap object, phpLDAPadmin will show detailed LDAP attributes/values in right panel.
- Add a new LDAP attribute 'mailForwardingAddress' to this mail account, set value to email@example.com.
- Repeat step #3, add another email address as value of 'mailForwardingAddress': firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save your changes. Now all emails sent to 'email@example.com' will be forwarded to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
If you want to save a copy of forwarded email, please add 'firstname.lastname@example.org' as addition value of LDAP attribute 'mailForwardingAddress'.