What an alias domain is used for? Let's say you have a mail domain 'example.com' hosted on your iRedMail server, if you add domain name 'domain.ltd' as an alias domain of 'example.com', all emails sent to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' will be delivered to user "email@example.com"'s mailbox.
How to add an alias domain with phpLDAPadmin:
- Login to phpLDAPadmin (https://[your_server]/phpldapadmin ) as LDAP root dn (cn=Manager,dc=xx,dc=xx)
- Find the LDAP object of mail domain "example.com" which you want to add alias domain in left panel of phpLDAPadmin, click the ldap object, phpLDAPadmin will show detailed LDAP attributes/values of this domain in right panel.
- Add a new LDAP attribute 'domainAliasName' to this domain account, set value to domain.ltd. Save your change.
Now you should add addition mail address for all mail users, lists, aliases. For example, if you have mail user 'firstname.lastname@example.org', you should add addition email address 'email@example.com' for this user. Steps:
- Find the LDAP object of mail account which you want to add addition email address in left panel of phpLDAPadmin, for example, user 'firstname.lastname@example.org', click the ldap object, phpLDAPadmin will show detailed LDAP attributes/values in right panel.
- Add a new LDAP attribute 'shadowAddress' to this mail account, set value to email@example.com. WARNING: You must user the same username part of original email address.
- Save your change.
If you have several mail accounts (mail users, lists, aliases), you have to add addition email address for them all.