In iRedMail, Amavisd provides below features:
- content-based spam scanning (invoke SpamAssassin)
- Virus scanning (invoke ClamAV)
- DKIM singing
- DKIM verification (through SpamAssassin + Perl module)
- SPF verification (through SpamAssassin + Perl module)
- Disclaimer (throught AlterMIME)
Stop virus/spam scanning, keep DKIM signing/verification and Disclaimer
If you want to disable virus and spam scanning, but keep DKIM signing and disclaimer, please try this:
- Keep "content_filter =" setting in Postfix main.cf.
content_filter = smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
- Find below lines in /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf:
# @bypass_virus_checks_maps = (1); # controls running of anti-virus code # @bypass_spam_checks_maps = (1); # controls running of anti-spam code
Uncomment above lines (removing "# " at the beginning of each line), and restart Amavisd service.
Completely disable all features
If you want to completely disable spam and virus scanning services, steps:
- Comment out 'content_filter = smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024' in Postfix config file main.cf, and restart Postfix service.
- Disable network services: Amavisd, ClamAV.
- ClamAV and SpamAssassin will be invoked by Amavisd, so if you disable Amavisd, those two are disabled too.
- SpamAssassin doesn't have daemon service running in iRedMail solution, so there's no need to stop SpamAssassin service.